As you know, MOQdigital delivers overall cloud strategy and digital transformation. WARDY IT Solutions joining the MOQ team – a leading provider of Microsoft Data Platform consultants, trainers and data analytics specialists – is a game changer for us and our customers. This article will help in understanding MOQdigital and Wardy IT Solutions Data Platform Service - and give you a brief rundown of why getting the jump on data is so important and how this new service will help you do it.
WARDY IT Solutions helps medium to large organisations unlock value in their business data. They design, build and maintain comprehensive data solutions based on Microsoft platforms
The accelerants of Digital Transformation
Digital Transformation isn’t new, but there are current accelerants in the data analytics space that are adding a particular, time-sensitive pressure. As noted in our recent insight, global company Ernst & Young (EY) produced an in-depth study into Digital Transformation that named data analytics as the leading indicator for business innovation for 2020 and beyond.
Coupled with that, are some pressing EOL (end of life) realities for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 – the sharpest concern of which is the termination of support for these platforms. When you consider that over 50% of SQL Server instances currently deployed are SQL Server 2008 R2 or older, this is going to have a seismic impact.
How do you manage the transition? How do you ensure that any new platforms or services you implement are going to help you make the most of data as the era of analytics unfolds?
Managed Migrations Secure New Horizons
It’s an unavoidable truth that most legacy IT systems and many current database platforms will not serve businesses in this next era.
However, you don’t need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Planning a successful transition, with the right experts supporting you, is the answer.
WARDY IT Solutions are on top of all these transformation and transition conundrums. Their knowledge of Azure Hybrid Benefit helps maximise the value of existing on-premises Windows Server and/or SQL Server licence investment while migrating to Azure.
Data platform service for every business size, shape and situation
Delivering solutions from complexity is the name of the game for WARDY IT Solutions. There is no system or set up too difficult. There is no specific problem too small.
This team of experts has seen it all and can solve every challenge. Their Data Platform services include:
- SQL server database health check: you get a real picture of your existing infrastructure and how to optimise it
- Licensing reviews: complicated licensing models made clear
- Planned and supported migration to SQL server: with the knowledge of Microsoft Certified consultants to make sure it all goes smoothly
- Cost clarity and consolidation: get the right setup for your needs, including cost transparency
- 24x7x365 SQL server emergency support: you are taken care of at all times
Businesses benefit – Snapshot Stories of Success
WARDY IT Solutions has a plethora of success stories, ranging from massive organisational-wide digital transformations through to solving niche data storage challenges.
- Seamless transition of mission critical systems The largest export operation in the world – Hunter Valley Coal Chain – needed to upgrade two mission critical systems with zero interruption to the company’s 24/7, 365 day per year operations. Working with WARDY IT Solutions, a swift, stable transition went ahead, resulting in a faster and better system, including a 20% reduction in database complexity.
- Overhaul of disability organisation’s IT infrastructure Spinal Life Australia provides essential services to people living with spinal cord damage and related disabilities. With the advent of the NDIS, the organisation needed a significant overhaul of IT systems. After a careful and thorough planning phase, WARDY IT Solutions implemented a comprehensive SQL Server migration project in accordance with industry best practice. System performance has improved enormously, helping the organisation focus on and reach strategic goals.
- Backup and security for mapping company. Information security had become a pressing problem for global mapping and navigation provider Hema Maps, in particular as they transitioned from paper maps to digital. They engaged WARDY IT Solutions to design a new backup and archive structure and data security model. The result was a stable and resilient database environment that means critical data is protected and system performance has improved across the board.
Get on board to reap rewards of data platform services
Data analytics and insights are fast becoming the differentiator between businesses that thrive and those that flounder.
This new offering from MOQdigital is one we are proud of and excited about. We encourage you to get in touch with any questions, and to start your own process of SQL Server migration or database platform upgrade now. The sooner you do it, the sooner you will shore up the kind of data stability and analytics potential that is now essential for every contemporary business.
Written by: Peter Ward, Managing Director at Wardy IT Solutions