The Cloud has been around for over two decades, and the Trends Transforming Cloud Computing have evolved significantly in that time. In the last few years, it has become more mature and reliable than ever before, but many companies have not yet realised its full potential.
The Cloud is No Longer a Trend
With the ability to scale business applications, utilise analytics, facilitate collaboration, and enable greater Digital Transformation for a Future Workplace, The Cloud is no longer a matter of ‘if’ for companies, but rather of when. A Journey to the Cloud is a reliable and effective tool for modern businesses and helps corporate leaders develop an agile foundation that can be scaled alongside meaningful growth strategies.
It is thought that the idea for Cloud Computing came about in the 1960s, but it was first put to use around 2006. That has left significant time for growth and development, and intelligent technologies have emerged alongside Cloud Solutions to enhance and contribute to its capabilities. The Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence are just some of these, and all are part of existing and current trends shaping modern business. However, The Cloud itself is no longer a trend, nor is it an ‘emerging’ technology’. The World Economic Forum predicts that 72% of companies around the world will have adopted Cloud Computing by the year 2022. On top of this, Gartner predicts that the spend on Cloud Computing in 2019 will exceed $3.5 trillion, with the primary driver being a need for Digital Transformation in business. Trends are Transforming Cloud Computing, and Cloud Computing has transformed business.
The Trends Transforming Cloud Computing
The Trends Transforming Cloud Computing are constantly evolving against the needs of a modern marketplace. However, there are a few key features that remain at the forefront of this evolution:
- The Customer Experience: Cloud Computing is constantly reshaping customer experiences, and companies are utilising intelligent technologies, such as IoT and AI, to improve how they engage with their customers. By helping businesses analyse data in real-time, The Cloud is enabling quality experiences, better band management, and more.
- Continuous Innovation: Innovation in a digital age is ongoing and fast. The Cloud gives business leaders a platform to keep up and get ahead when it comes to Digital Transformation, and the next phase of Cloud Computing will go beyond standard maintenance and support and help accelerate the development of Future Workplaces.
- Greater Mobility: The Cloud already enables anywhere anytime access for modern business, and this trend is set to continue. With the popularity of mobile devices, organisations are demanding increased flexibility and security when it comes to Cloud Applications. The convenience of the Cloud, alongside its cost benefits and ability to facilitate better communication, collaboration, and innovation are driving this, and handheld devices will lead Cloud Technology well into the future.
- International Reach: Cloud Computing is already global, and companies all over the world use The Cloud every day. The trends shaping Cloud Computing are shifting to enable seamless applications across multiple locations, with local and global capabilities becoming the drivers behind many emerging tools and services.
- Social Services: Cloud-based applications are replacing traditional software, and new trends are transforming social engagement too. Users expect their social tools to facilitate their current needs – which ware faster and more connected than ever before. Companies can harness the data from these engagements to inform their customer insights, as well as their workplace efficiency and productivity.
Those companies who adopt the trends transforming Cloud Computing will succeed in a modern market. Discover more about the future of Cloud Technology, and begin your Journey to The Cloud with MOQdigital today. Contact us to find out more.