MOQdigital generates insights through data visualisation using PowerBI
Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics service that enables consumers to visualise and analyse data with greater speed, efficiency and understanding. It has lower costs than alternative solutions which provides a lower barrier to entry for implementation and greater value for money over alternative tools such as Tableau and Qlik.
Power Bi is a cost-effective Modern Business Intelligence and Visual analytics tool. Power BI has been identified as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for BI & Analytics Solutions.
The desktop application has new features added every month, free of charge. This rapid product improvement means it has not only quickly gained ground on competitor, but in many ways surpassed them.
Power BI is the presentation layer for Microsoft’s Cortana Intelligence suite which provides a scalable data storage and advanced analytics platform.
The Power BI has the capabilities to undertake many different takes which include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking data discovery and generating insights through data visualisation.
- Analyse and query organisational datasets with an intuitive drag and drop visual interface. Meaning that the system does not require users to have an in-depth knowledge of SQL, just an understanding on the data (although it may be beneficial when creating custom SQL queries and when performing data transformations upon loading data).
- Analyse data from a wide variety of sources such as: spreadsheets, databases, streaming and cloud (SaaS) services
- Load multiple sources of data into the same report and blend them together by linking the datasets on common attributes or identifiers
- Quickly and easily create and share reports online with other stakeholders, such as business users, and executives
- Easily create mobile-formatted dashboards for tracking performance against key metrics
- Leverage Microsoft’s machine learning and advanced analytics capability to classify and categorise data, or to make predictions based on historic trends, patterns and behaviour
- Using Power BI’s “Q&A” feature to create or view data visualisations or subsets using natural language queries and questions
- Use Microsoft’s Cortana to suggest new visualisations or analysis in addition to what you’ve already created.
As Microsoft’s 2016 Australian Partner of the Year, MOQdigital works directly with Microsoft to deliver Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions to clients, to solve real world problems with data. It is MOQdigital’s experience with the Microsoft Azure platform that ensures clients can take advantage of Microsoft’s Cortana Intelligence suite, which offers advanced analytics capability (such as Azure Machine Learning and Azure Cognitive services) that are only available in the cloud.