Identity and Access Management (IAM) can be a catalyst for success in business, and the elements of a strong corporate identity are essential for digitally-driven business leaders to know.
At its core, IAM addresses how companies ensure appropriate, relevant, and efficient access to resources across digital environments. It also helps meet compliance needs, and security is a serious component for any company undertaking a Digital Transformation journey.
Elements of Success
There are a few elements that help ensure a strong corporate Identity in a technologically driven world.
- Understanding: The first component is foundational and straightforward. Business leaders need to understand what Identity is and how it can be used specifically for their operations. Powerful IAM strategies communicate what value propositions are offered to customers, the capabilities of the system that has been created, and the products, services, and solutions that are being leveraged to deliver ongoing, meaningful value. In short, If a company is to develop a strong corporate identity, they must first understand what Identity means to them and their long and short term goals.
- Purpose: A small step away from understanding is purpose. This purpose can be confused in a digital age, with Future Workplaces and digital trends providing more data and technology than many business leaders know what to do with. A strong corporate Identity has a clear purpose that is integrated with other parts of the business, and that encourages ongoing collaboration and communication.
- Security: One of the main elements of a strong corporate Identity is security. The goal of IAM is to grant access to the right information to the right people at the right time so that they can perform optimally. To do this successfully, they must also do it securely and with good administration and management. IAM solutions need to be secure to be successful, and to be secure they must be operated efficiently.
- Tools: To work efficiently, business leaders need to ensure that their teams have the right tools to make the most of their IAM solutions. These tools will vary from company to company, as each will require its own services to meet individual needs. Essentially, Identity in business should enable easy access management of user privileges. Comprehensive identity analytics and Identity-as-a-Service solutions will also assist with ongoing administration, infrastructure, and monitoring. Authentication protocols and risk response are also components worth examining by business leaders hoping to thrive in a modern market.
- Agility: IAM systems must be flexible and robust to be successful. This is so that they can accommodate the needs of a digital marketplace, and keep up with its evolution. Businesses no longer have a traditional on-site infrastructure and are instead relying on cloud-based architecture to facilitate their growth. This links back to the need for a comprehensive understanding of what IAM means to a business, and what it needs to look like to be applied successfully.
Ultimately, Identity solutions should enable businesses to do better. The elements of a strong corporate Identity need to be relevant to a company, and consistent across the enterprise. Mobility and cloud-based services are becoming the new normal for modern business, and Identity is the foundation block to enabling the agile experiences expected of a digitally driven world.
If you would like to learn more about IAM, and how to build a strong corporate Identity, contact MOQdigital today.